2018 World Series Betting Preview – Los Angeles Dodgers
The Los Angeles Dodgers came up short last season in a quest for the World Series title, and, as one of the richest clubs in the major leagues, they are going to do what they have to in order to get back there again. This year, part of their plan was to make a trade for a genuine superstar (Manny Machado) who could help them get to the promised land, but to get to the brink of it hasn’t been easy, as they’ve fought their way through a one-game playoff for the division title, along with series against the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers.
So as they step up in level of opposition against the Boston Red Sox, can they do something to reverse last October’s result? The Bosox lost the first game against the Houston Astros, who won last year’s Fall Classic but ran off four straight wins. They won 108 games in the regular season, so there is no question that they are about as formidable a bunch as the Dodgers were going to find.
2018 World Series Betting Line:
At VietBet, where you can get a load of props on the World Series, as well as Live Betting Ultra, the Dodgers are the underdogs:
TO WIN WORLD SERIES
Boston Red Sox -153
Los Angeles Dodgers +133
Join Vietbet NOW for 2018 World Series Betting online.
US PLAYERS WELCOME!
Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
2018 World Series Betting – CJ’s Take on the Dodgers:
So why do we say the Dodgers can win the World Series? Here are a few reasons:
1) THEY MATCH UP WELL WITH THE BOSTON STARTERS — And we say that with the assumption that Clayton Kershaw can perform at a championship level. The Kershaw we know from the regular season is a dominant sort, who has the ability to go toe-to-toe with Chris Sale in the “Ace vs. Ace” first game. After that we have no problem with the Dodgers using the likes of Hyun Jin-Ryu and Walker Buehler against David Price, Rick Porcello and/or Nathan Eovaldi. Los Angeles holds its own, and then some.
2) THEY CAN LAUNCH THE BALL OUT OF THE PARK — Home runs can erase a lot of mistakes, and they can turn small innings into big ones. And the Dodgers have the kind of lineup, from top to bottom, that offers a constant home run threat. Everybody can go long – there are six players who have hit between 21 and 25 homers, in addition to Justin Turner, who didn’t play a complete season. Los Angeles led the National League with 235 homers, and they were also tops in runs scored – certainly as a by-product of that.
3) THEY HAVE MORE VARIETY IN THE BULLPEN — VietBet patrons should take note that neither the Dodgers nor the Red Sox are unusually effective attacking southpaws. But the difference may be that while the Dodgers have left-handers ready to go in the bullpen, the Red Sox have only one lefty in their ‘pen (Eduardo Rodriguez), unless they want to take a starter like Sale or Price and use him in relief. That may not be logistically possible under the circumstances.
4) THEY COULD BENEFIT FROM THE “NO DH” RULE AT HOME — At Dodger Stadium, the Red Sox can’t use a designated hitter, and that means JD Martinez will have to play in the outfield. The likely scenario is that he would be in right field, while Mookie Betts moved to second base, where he actually played in the minors and then for one game on August 3. This is something that has the potential to compromise the Boston defense for a three-game period, and that is something manager Dave Roberts is going to have to figure out how to exploit.
5) THEY HAVE A VERY DEEP BENCH — Depending on who they use in the starting lineup, the Dodgers can bring some interesting people in off the bench, including Matt Kemp, Brian Dozier, Max Muncy (who hit 35 homers), Chase Utley, David Freese and Joc Pederson. So they can play a little more with matchups, and always have someone who can make noise to substitute or pinch hit. The Red Sox don’t really have that kind of depth.
Enjoy the World Series with VietBet, which offers more wagering possibilities than anyone………… Get reduced juice, use Live Betting Ultra to place wagers after the first pitch, see all the player props, and make deposits using your Visa card, person-to-person transfers (like Western Union) or the virtual currency of Bitcoin, which is fast and easy with their automated system, and NEVER incurs a transaction fee!
(The preceding information has been furnished for news matter only)
By Charles Jay